Thursday, January 19, 2012

snowmageddon.

As many of you know, and are experiencing as I type, Seattle is in the midst of a "Snowmageddon".  Also known as the "Winter Extreme" or "Icepocalypse" or even "Snow-M-G" for short.  It is cold.  Like really cold.  Yesterday, my office closed. Which is a BIG DEAL.  Seattle University was also closed so I had a bona fide adult snow day on my hands.  How often does that happen?!  Later in the afternoon I decided to brave the elements and take a walk down the hill to the grocery store (I was out of cream for my coffee in the morning, which gave me a good excuse to get out of the house).  On my snow walk to Whole Foods down the hill, I regretted not bringing my ski goggles and the icy snow whopped me in the face.  But I was thankful for my big purple Danner boots (thanks Dad!).  Along the way I was able to capture some photos of the day that shut down the city...


And some more...


Today, I decided to brave it into work.  This was just as the ice storm began.  I made it to work with only a couple of "oh shit" moments, only to find out an email was sent out five minutes earlier telling everyone to stay home.  I, along with the seven or so other coworkers who made it in, hung around for a bit, watching the rain turn to snow, and back to freezing rain and decided we should get out while we still could.  So I made the trek back to Queen Anne, which was an ice rink by that point.  But the Jetta prevailed! And I made it home safely. 


All these snow days have given me time to upload some photos, and get into blog mode. Expect more to come soon!

-shauna

1 comment: