Monday, September 3, 2012

2012 Roundup

Hi friends! I have some news. News I'm sure you've been aware of for some time. This blog has been sleepy. Super sleepy. Like, coma sleepy. It's been more than eight months (say, what?!). Yes, I'm ashamed to admit it's been more than eight months since I posted a single post here. Eight months of work, class, studying, playing, eating, drinking, trips, birthdays, concerts, baking, baseball, friends, downpours, sunshine, and family time. I'm going to do my best to play catch up. So, buckle up folks, we don't want any whiplash around here.  Today, we'll start with crafts and foods.

Crafty Time:
Sadly, there haven't been many crafts lately... but these wrap bracelets were quick, easy, and fun! Instructions found at Honestly WTF.


Foodie Adventures: 
Granola, for my Dad's birthday (the secret to chunks is all in the egg whites!):
Recipe thrown together from several different ones found online, and mostly consisting of what I had in my kitchen.  Big hit! So big, in fact, it was hard not to eat it all straight from the pan.  Dad's lucky any made it to him! ;)


Stuffed Baguette: 
Recipe found at Baking Obsession. This was seriously delicious. 


Caprese Skewers:
Caprese on a stick, grab and go! I used those great mozzarella balls in seasoned olive oil from TJ's, added a great flavor without having to drizzle anything over the whole plate.


Hamantaschen:
Cookies for International Cookie Day at work. My country was Israel! Recipe found at A Cookie for Every Country.  Of course mine didn't turn out as pretty as the original photo, but they were yummy little treats nonetheless. There was a slight snafu when I realized I was out of flour (seriously?! this always happens to me!). SO these were made with part whole wheat flour. They were devoured at work, so must have worked out all right!


Bite Sized Baked Brie Bites:
Recipe found at Joy the Baker (whoops, didn't get a finished product shot! Click through to see the finished product from Joy the Baker).  Now run (RUN!) and make these. They are TO DIE for. And seriously easy.



Roommate Dinner Creations presents: Homemade California Avocado Pizza
Easy peasy to throw together, our best attempt to recreate California Pizza Kitchen's California Club


Stay tuned for more 2012 adventures soon!

-shauna











No comments:

Post a Comment