Thursday, September 13, 2012

2012: more birthday maddness!

So, after work, my roommate and I headed down to Portland to spend some time with our friends (who, last year, up and decided to leave us in the dust in Seattle and settle into a new life in Portland).

The plan was to go out for happy hour, then head to the Portland Art Museum (the PAM, if you will) for Free Fourth Friday. Well....happy hour was really happy, so we didn't quite make it to the museum. But we sure had fun! :)

Me with two of my "besties", who are always up for an adventure! Thanks to Daron (not pictured) for taking photos!

I have to say, Portland friends were so, so thoughtful in their birthday gifting! Daron roasted some coffee beans, and put together a mallow tea mix specially created to bring throat relief after those long phone shifts at work!  Also, an amazing mustache cake/jello/ice mold for those occasions where you just need a giant mustache, along with some delicious Moonstruck baseball treats (it is baseball season after all!).  Thanks guys!


Later that weekend, I met up with my parents for more happy hour and tooling around Portland.

Me and my momma
We headed up to City Grill for great views and good food, then popped into Hubers for a Spanish Coffee - they make the best! And they make it right in front of you. We eventually moved on to Hurricanes and then made our way out to stroll on down to Voodoo Doughnut.  But wait! Torrential downpour! Run like mad! Never fear, readers. A little rain didn't stop us. My dad and I powered through, and in the end, the mission was a success!








Later that weekend, this little curmudgeon and I enjoyed a lazy Sunday.


What a great birthday! Thanks to everyone who made it special!

xo,
-shauna


No comments:

Post a Comment