Sunday, November 6, 2011

k is for kindle.

My mom and dad got me an Amazon Kindle for my birthday.  I love it! But I actually felt it was a bit too thin for me to hold comfortably when reading.  I also knew I needed to protect it from scratches, gunk, and anything else that life might throw its way.  I decided to make my very own Kindle Cover.  It took some thought and planning.  This was one of those projects that I think on for much longer than it would take to just do it.  But in the end I was happy with it.  Take a look...



See!? Nice and snug in its holder.  I used two pieces of cardboard inside to offer some sturdy protection and a piece of elastic to hold the Kindle in place.  Considering covers can run a good $30 or so through Amazon, I was pretty happy with how this little guy turned out!

-shauna

2 comments:

  1. nice work.

    ps. powell's will never forgive you. never.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, true. But in my defense, I've probably still bought more used books than I have to download to my Kindle...

    ReplyDelete