Friday, June 17, 2011

fashion up a cake stand.


So, I've been wanting a cake stand for awhile now. Not a plastic cake carrier, but a pretty stand, with a pedestal. Not that I make cakes often, but it would be nice to be able to present baked goods on something other than a plain dinner plate or tupperware container. So, I started looking around (meaning looking around online: Amazon, Willams-Sonoma, Crate and Barrel, Macy's, etc.) and realized that most decorative cake plates don't come with a cover (bummer) and are going to run about $40 (double bummer!).

I thought to myself "If I have to sacrifice a cover for the style I want, why can't I just fashion up a pretty little ditty on my own?" I headed down to my local Goodwill to check out some goods. I found a pretty flowered china plate and a nice little (albeit used and well loved, I'm sure) tea cup. The total came to a whopping $1.63 with tax.


All it took was a little Gorilla Glue, a fruit bowl for some weight, and viola! We have a cake stand!


Love it!

-shauna

1 comment: