Monday, June 7, 2010

oh, brother.

For my birthday, my parents gifted me a new Brother sewing machine, my very first machine of any kind.  I was so excited that I started in on a new project right away.  Since my mom used to be quite the fabric lady, I thought I should take advantage of her knowledge and know-how, so she guided me in some sewing basics.  I chose a McCalls apron pattern for my first project (the pattern I used is here), since I've been fawning over those fancy aprons I see everywhere these days.




Of course, I couldn't be happy with following the pattern exactly and wanted to make some changes.  Somehow I always seem to get ahead of myself when learning a new craft.  Anyway, here's how my first creation went:





And Finally...








I added the waistband, and it turns out, it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be to just throw in a waistband! Good to know for next time. Fun project! I'm excited to try more!

~> Shauna

1 comment:

  1. so...little bit of a difficult first project, but you learned a lot with it!! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete